Avigilon Control Center
Avigilon is the leading provider of high definition surveillance systems
Table of Contents
Our award-winning Avigilon Control Center (ACC) software with High-Definition Stream Management (HDSM) technology delivers full situation awareness and indisputable image detail, leading to faster response times, reduced investigation times, and superior overall protection. Plus, ACC is just as impressive on an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch with the ACC Mobile application—perfect for security personnel in the field.
As a securely distributed network platform with enterprise-class reliability, Avigilon Control Center (ACC) effectively captures, manages and stores high-definition multi-megapixel surveillance video while efficiently managing bandwidth and storage. Avigilon Control Center can be pre-installed and configured on an Avigilon Network Video Recorder (NVR) or work as stand-alone software.
Avigilon Control Center records and manages both audio and video from Avigilon’s broad range-—the largest in the industry—of multi-megapixel IP cameras (from 1 to 29 megapixels). ACC can easily accommodate conventional and PTZ analog cameras, as well as both audio and video from a broad range of third-party IP cameras and encoders from other manufacturers. This gives you the ability to build a hybrid system that allows for a budget-conscious migration from analog to digital. ACC is powerful and intuitive, with an easy-to-use interface that allows personnel to evaluate and respond to events with minimal training.
Avigilon Control Center uses our proprietary HDSM technology, which efficiently compresses and preserves image quality while intelligently managing HD image transmission throughout the Avigilon system—sending only the requested portions of captured images to operator workstations. This technology delivers the best possible image quality while providing immediate savings in transmission bandwidth allowing operators to use less powerful workstations and thereby reducing costs. Our HDSM technology leverages leading imaging, hardware, data compression and information technology to maximize performance of the Avigilon system.
Avigilon Control Center Features
Multi-Megapixel High-Dynamic-Range Image Display
- Analyze detailed regions from single or multiple cameras.
- Use viewing tabs to allow single operators to switch between multiple cameras located throughout large enterprise systems.
- Digitally zoom and pan within an image with a mouse or surveillance joystick. Automatic dynamic contrast enhancement reveals low-light details for unmatched digital PTZ performance.
- View live or recorded high-definition surveillance footage.
Data Protection and Storage Management
- Redundant recording to multiple NVRs allows a full live mirror of all high-definition video. Automatic fail-over NVRs ensure uninterrupted recording if an NVR becomes unavailable.
- Integrated backup and restore functionality allows recorded HD video from multiple cameras to be securely transferred from an NVR on a defined schedule.
- Allocate more storage capacity to recent events and taper archived surveillance footage for maximum record times with data aging.
Integrated Graphic Mapping for System Layout
- Advanced graphic-mapping interface lets operators layout cameras and servers on an imported map for easy navigation of large surveillance systems.
- Maps can be layered and nested, allowing easy navigation through satellite maps, multi-story buildings and very large areas.
HD Recording and Playback Timeline
- Advanced timeline interface with unique integrated drag-to-zoom capability allows full control over high-definition surveillance video playback, in forward and reverse, at variable speeds-—up to 8 times faster than real time.
- Rapidly updating playback system allows intuitive jog or shuttle playback to identify key events and subtle changes.
Bandwidth Management and Remote Viewing
- Fine-tune camera bandwidth usage to optimize image quality and network bandwidth availability with HDSM.
- Remotely connect to multiple recorders to view live and recorded surveillance footage over the local area network, over a low bandwidth wide area network connection.
Bookmark and Export HD Surveillance Footage
- Securely bookmark and export movies or still images in industry-standard formats or in Avigilon loss-less format for third-party forensic work.
- Exported video can be managed via the Avigilon Control Center Player—a powerful playback application with all the tools required for analyzing and reviewing captured HD surveillance footage.
- Bookmarked events are indexed to allow rapid searching using user defined metadata.
- Unique sub-region thumbnail searching allows you to rapidly find small changes within HD surveillance, covering large areas.
- Quickly and accurately navigate through large amounts of recorded high-definition video with camera-specific event logs.
- Search through alarms, point-of-sale transactions, license plates and bookmarks.
Advanced Control Center Features
- Allows the creation of complete end-to-end workflows for the monitoring, assignment, and acknowledgement of alarms.
- Can be triggered by any internal system event, as well as external third-party access control and building management system triggers.
POS Transaction Engine
- Link HD surveillance footage (viewed instantly) with transaction data to address compliance requirements and reduce shrinkage and theft.
- Exception filtering and reporting allows the triggering of events when transactions match specified criteria.
- Ensures that all Avigilon cameras, regardless of resolution, are always configured to collect the best possible image over a wide range of lighting conditions.
- Configure multiple independent camera-specific motion-detection zones for pre- or post-motion-triggered recording.
Simple Camera and Server Installation
- Unique plug-and-play capabilities for NVRs and cameras automatically identify themselves on the network, without manual configuration or searching—eliminating complex network configuration.
Detailed Management, Monitoring, and Reporting of System Status and Security
- Detailed logs of storage, network, and overall system status to ensure the highest possible system uptime for critical applications.
- Powerful rules engine lets administrators and operators map any camera or system event to an action, such as triggering output alarm relays, for faster identification and improved response times.
- Programmable email alerts provide rapid remote notification in the event of camera tampering, a system alert, an alarm or a motion event.
Scalable Integration with Legacy Systems
- Distributed architecture features a .NET-based API that can easily be integrated with other systems, such as access control and building management.
- Benefit from a new level of HD video surveillance while maintaining a single interface and minimizing training costs.